How to use Whatsapp on PC ~UPDATED with NEW METHOD~
Yes, Whatsapp on PC you read correctly…
So as you all might know and of course when slowly Whatsapp took over the text messaging throne in Lebanon and worldwide, for its simplicity and its capability to connect different handsets types for FREE. Other messaging apps got stupid… For example BBM for Blackberry..
I mean ok, I have a Blackberry but my friend has Iphone, umm No problem! let’s Whatsapp!
Another big advantage of course being its availability on WiFi… Whenever you are home or in a place with a WiFi connection, voila! you are back online for FREE :D
But to some people.. (like me) That.. wasn’t enough.. hehe
I kept looking for a way all over the internet in order for me to use whatsapp over on my laptop and yes I finally found a way, and guess what? Very few know of it.
- Go to http://www.youwave.com
- download the software, It’s an Android emulator. (It comes with a 2.3 version of android.) it’s a 14 days trial version
- Yes, I know >100Mb with Ontornet but it’s worth it. (Use Download Accelerator to resume your interrupted downloads)
- Once the DL is finished, install it on your laptop and run it.
- as you can see you have a 14 days trial version. (don’t worry we will get to that later)*
- Now you have the program opened, click on the browser icon to open the browser.
- go to http://www.whatsapp.com
- Once loaded click on ‘download now’
- wait for the next page to lead and click again on ‘download now’
- Once the download is finished click on it and click ‘Install’
- When installation completes click on ‘Open’ then ‘Agree and continue’
- Next — THIS IS DELICATE AND IMPORTANT —
- choose your country and insert a phone number (NOT YOURS)
- i repeat not yours but you need a valid phone number so you can use landline.
- click OK the system will launch an sms verification process which we want to fail. (which is why we chose a landline)
- wait for the 5 minutes to end, you will get an alternative choice ‘CALL me’
- Click on ‘call me’
- whatsapp WILL CALL YOU and you will be provided with a 3 digit verification number. (on the same landline you used first )
- Btw, a machine will call you so don’t feel awkward :P lol
- now insert the code you were given and You are in (even no need to click anything)
- now put a name and follow the rest as it is self explanatory.
- To add contacts you will have to do it manually obviously as if you were using a phone.
- once you add a contact, you go to whatsapp and you can initiate a conversation.
I hope this was helpful and informative to all of you people out there.
If you face any difficulties, feel free to email me or comment right here with your questions and I will be more than happy to answer them.
N.B: I don’t have a landline. Right, there is a way to overcome this, leave your email and I will send you the corresponding steps to follow.
N.B': back to step number 5, the android emulator is only free for 14 days, which makes using whatsapp on your laptop only available for that period of time. WELL.. umm No! of course no lol…. You just have to buy it… And it’s relatively cheap for around 15$ naah hehe :P again am kidding, well the thing to do is to go online on google and look for a ‘patch’ ;) and thus… ~!~ Unlimited use ~!~
~!~ UPDATED section ~!~
WhatsApp for PC using BlueStacks App Player
You must also know this guide or the above one is not authorized by WhatsApp inc this means whatsapp Windows PC platform is not supported. We are simply giving you a “working” method of WhatsApp using BlueStack’s App Player.
What will you need to use WhatsApp on your PC?
Step 1: Download and Install BlueStakcs App Player.
- Download the BlueStacks App Player
- BlueStack Download
Warning: You can’t run WhatsApp on your PC and on your phone with the same phone number. WhatsApp checks to see what version you have lately installed and cancels the other install. You will be installing WhatsApp for Android basically.
- Download BlueStacks and Install it on your PC.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now go ahead and launch the app. When the installation is complete you will have something looking like the Android Market Place.
- BlueStack is not an Android simulator like YouWave it is just a program that will run android apps on your PC. So don’t expect a fancy screen.
- When you launch blue stacks for the first time it will do more downloads – it doesn’t take verry long.
- Then the actual install will happen
- Save the file where you can get to it.
Step 2: Installing and Configuring WhatsApp for PC
Step 3: Verify WhatsApp for PC
- Now if you have installed WhatsApp previously you will know the installation instructions that follow. If not it is simple enough. Agree to the Ts & Cs.
- Enter your country code and then your mobile number. if it asks you for a phone verification or a text message, select “TEXT MESSAGE”. with your code.
- P.S: You can use a landline but then you’ll have to wait for the call verification. (For more Info check YOUWAVE method above.)
- This text message had your verification or activation code in it. WhatsApp will ask you for this code. Enter it to activate WhatsApp on your PC.
If you had WhatsApp on your mobile phone it will no longer work, it will give you a verification error. Should you click on verify again, then your installation of WhatsApp on your PC won’t work.
You will need to add contacts manually and remember to add them in international format. You can if you want activate and deactivate from your phone to PC and vice versa, but don’t complain if it stops working. Not that I think it should.
Hope this helped, for any questions don’t hesitate to email me or type in your questions in the comments box.